Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do You Want To Date My Avatar?

If you've been around for five minutes or so, you'll know that in my down time I am Aishaii, hammer warrior, Legendary Cartographer, and soon to be Elona Vanquisher and Holy Lightbringer. I also roam around as Puck, a hot necromancer, but I'm concentrating on getting my titles for Aishaii.

Most of you are probably going "WFT?" about now. It's okay not to know what I'm talking about. You see, I'm addicted to Guild Wars, an MMORPG. As a female programmer and avid gamer, this makes me uniquely geeky.

Then, I found this through a contact in my guild.



Aaaah. My love of gaming and alternate reality set to a catchy pop beat by a hot girl who is WAY nerdier than I am (check out her education!). I have a new heroine. :)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I never get tired of watching that video! I love The Guild, and am glad that season 3 is now being released.

I've been playing MMORPGs for about 8 years now. It started with EverQuest, and I switched to World of Warcraft when it came out almost 5 years ago.

If you ever decide to try WoW, be sure to check out the Warcrafters group on Ravelry. There are a couple of Ravelry guild on the Draenor realm, so that would be a great place to start a new character.

Not that I'm advocating that you add a new MMO addiction. Oh no. Not at all.

Miri said...

I love this song. Thanks for the link!

Susan said...

Leanne;

I'm pretty sure there's a rule out there that states that you can either love Guild Wars or WoW but not both at the same time. I am firmly set against monthly subscription games, and the community I've found at GW is my second family. Not to mention they'd hunt me down, skin me, and sell the remains for a couple of coppers if I ever left them for WoW. So... don't be looking for me anytime soon! :)

LPack said...

Smoooookin! And she can sing, too - what a voice! And a sense of humour to boot. Wow!