Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've Been Accused Of Worse

I felt a little sexy this morning when I was dressing for school, and dressed accordingly; eye-popping tulle and satin top in a colour somewhere between fuschia and purple, a short flirty black skirt, fishnet tights and knee-high boots. It said "dancing at a club" clearer then it said "going to class", but what the hell. Attitude is half the battle, thought I, as I stuck out my boobs and put on the 'tude necessary to carry that outfit off.

On the way downstairs I opened the door to my eldest step-daughter's room to make sure she was on track for the morning. Her eyes got all wide as she saw me, and she breathed "Whooooooa! You look like a fairy!"

I was a little miffed at first... I had hardly wanted to channel Tinkerbell with my outfit, but then, later, as I recounted the story to my friends at school, they helped me to understood what she meant. Fairies... some of 'em, are damned hot. I'm okay with being grouped in with them now. :)


fairyfairy

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Susan- So happy to have found your blog. I've recently decided to finish up some quilt projects, and I can tell I can find lots of inspiration here.

And dressing like a fairy is wonderful!

Aline said...

Oh yes, being a fairy is definitely a compliment. Around my house anyways!
Just image how cool those girls must think you are...cause you are!!

Velda said...

That's just plain sweet! I love fairies...

Liz in IN said...

LOL Tinkerbell was a litle diva-tartlet. Seriously.

Just sayin'...fear not to be mistook for a fairy when you were going for "hot". It totally works. :)

raino said...

what? no pictures!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but with a statement like that she meant Tinkerbell. But consider it a compliment she probably thinks of good old Tink as beautiful.