Saturday, January 10, 2009

Enough is Enough

I am filled with absolute fury to be held at gunpoint by OC Transpo and the city. Although I have a truck, I chose not to put snow-tires on as I was planning on a winter of taking the bus to school. Even if it was worthy of the brutal snowy slushy greasy Ottawa roads, there is no parking available as thousands of other students are forced to drive now, as well.

I was lucky for the past week as DH was off of work and could play taxi, but as a new week sneaks up on me and takes him back to work, I realize I have no way of getting to school and back.

Edited to add: Thank you for your kindness, but I'm not asking for helpful tips on carpooling groups and shuttle buses; I know my options and they all freakin' SUCK. I am simply ranting to let off some steam before my head explodes.

6 comments:

Velda said...

I can't even imagine in a big city, public transpo being on strike and the chaos that ensues....I wish you luck on carpooling. Have you checked Kijiji or school message boards for more carpooling ideas? I'm sure you have.

Anonymous said...

The city set up a carpooling website called: www.OttawaRideMatch.com
Check it out.

knitjo said...

I know exactly what you mean, I have to take my husband to work next week, even if I am working in the afternoon. I have to look for someone to take me to work if my husband needs the car in the evening...and I don't have the freedom to head downtown if I want to...grrr.

Anonymous said...

My head has exploded, imploded, exploded and then imploded again. And the city's RideMatch site? Please. 99% of the people there are looking for rides. Carpooling bites. It's nice of people to offer rides and all, but it's not the same as getting around under your own steam and on your own schedule. The news says thousands have lost their job because of the strike already. And I found out that in other cities when they have a transit strike, they at least keep buses running a few hours in the morning and a few late afternoon so that people can get back and forth to work and to alleviate the insane traffic congestion. D'uh!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

DH has been carpoling for the longest time and when the bus strike started it wasn't a big issue. But I understand how frustrating this is for all parties.

Arzu said...

Hang in there! Take out all your anger on those little red dots :P

I tagged you on my blog, by the way!