Thursday, March 13, 2008

Momma Has New Shoes!

Can anyone guess what sort of naughtiness I plan on getting into with these babies strapped on?

Dancing Shoes

It's actually a whole range of trouble... from Foxtrot to Salsa, Waltz to Tango, Swing to Rumba... bring it on!!!

I have a deep, abiding passion for dance. It's been on hold for years as I recovered from knee injury and surgery, but there is nothing stopping us now from getting out on the dance floor!


DH and I have had two seasons of Ballroom/Latin lessons a few years back, but have nicely forgotten everything. We're now enrolled in private lessons and intend never to forget anything again. Dance is just too life-affirming to let slip away... we may never be very good at it, but we will always have fun.

I am so blessed to have a man who is as passionate about dance (and life and love and everything else) as I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and my daughter and son-in-law! I didn't have any coordination or grace even before my car accident, but they took dance lessons and my daughter was in competitions in college, while I was going, wow, where did that come from! Cool! They have so much fun at it. I can only watch in proud amazement.

Velda said...

woweee girl, those are sexy!!!!!! How lucky you two are to take lessons, I only watch in awe as people dance like that...it's amazing. Enjoy!

kate said...

I love ballroom dancing. And so does the G-man. It's one of the ways we can have a great laugh and get out and moving without feeling like it's one more chore to be done.

I can't wait to get back to our ballroom dancing! When we had to stop from the car accident 18 months ago, I was very sad. With some luck, I'll soon be able to hold my frame again and we'll be back dancing among the stars this fall!

The shoes are great - I'm going to need some new ones, so you'll have to take me out for some retail therapy!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I think that you could get into a lot of trouble in those shoes....Before you know it, we'll have our own local version of Dancing with the Stars.