Sunday, March 9, 2008

Balancing the Universe

I was reading the Tsock Tsarina this week and almost blew a gasket... she has posted pictures of crocuses about to bloom on her yard. I need not say anything to the Ottawa people, you all know why this almost drives me insane, but for the rest of you, here's why.

S6301014

I cannot believe that grass even exists at this point in time, to say nothing of crocuses.

To instill some small edge of balance into my world, I have cast on for the most spring-like sock you can imagine.

S6301020
Another round of Monkey, in luscious Arequipa, Lily Pond colourway. Toe-up, Turkish cast-on.

These socks are appropriately called "Dreaming of Crocuses", and they will grace my feet long after the Tsarina's ts-crocuses are gone for the season. A small victory, but I'll take it.

A finished object: the first and maybe last pair of socks for DH. These took SO LONG to knit!

S6301010
His pant-leg is cleverly concealing the fact that they aren't really the same size. I think that happened when I was working to finish them off and watching "The Motorcycle Diaries" at the same time. I know the Harlot cautioned against watching sub-titled movies while knitting, but, well, I need to learn every lesson the hard way. Hubby swears he doesn't care. That, my friends, is true love in action. :)

3 comments:

Velda said...

WOW, and I thought we had alot of snow with our piddly 4 foot snowbanks, that's insane, but that's also Ottawa as I remember it....spring will come, eventually. Gorgeous socks, both pair.

Aline said...

Love your monkeys! I so have to learn toe-up. The colour is perfect too.

Tsarina of Tsocks said...

Don't hate me because I have crocuses. Love me because I show you the harbinger of your own spring to come. ;-)