Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today, Half-Empty. Tomorrow...?

Today, I don't so much feel like that graceful dancer, poised and ready to catch whatever falls her way. Today, I feel like that tragic clown who throws everything up and makes fumbling attempts in floppy shoes, but pretty much misses everything.

Nothing has changed in essence... it's still me, it's still the same situation. I just find I am handling it not so well today... the kazillion unknowns caught up with me and I just want to sit in front of the fireplace and drink wine until everything is all sorted out. Preferably by someone stronger and more capable than I.

I am not in the least helped by the requirement to sort through the complex layers of administration that are called upon in situations like this. I sat in on a seminar today to learn about some of the advocacy groups that are in place to help medically releasing members, and was overwhelmed by information. I have more questions tonight then I did this morning, but at least now I am armed with business cards... I have an array of contacts to employ to help me deal with all this.

And half a sock to show for the day, too. I suppose any day I can knit on government time is a good day, after all.

Knit-night tomorrow, my fellow guildies? (Brief pause to check on weather. DAMMIT!!! More snow called for tomorrow evening... (a bout of quiet sobbing ensues)... All right. Knit-night tomorrow, weather permitting?!

4 comments:

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Worry Not! Every thing will come out in the wash. You'll soon have your release, your medical pension and be starting your new life.

A knit night???? hmmm sounds like a great idea to me.

Velda said...

(((Hugs))) Everything will work itself out and it will all be worth it in the end. Enjoy your knit-night.

Aline said...

Good luck with Knit Night. I will be home with my four Valentine's tonight. Hope to see you at the Guild meeting!

kate said...

Deep breath and take one step at a time - can't have you tripping over those floppy shoes! You might lose a knitting needle along the way and we simply can't have that now can we.

All will get sorted out - it always does, and if a few socks get created along the way, well then, the contemplation time required to knit through the issues will have been time well spent, don't you think?