Thursday, February 21, 2008

FO: Sneaky Socks

For the first time I knit a pair of socks for someone whose foot I did not have access to. I had three measurements, the right colours of deliciously springy merino yarn, not a little trepidation, and a plan.

S6300985
Mock Smock Socks, Knit Picks Memories yarn in Rocky Mountain Dusk

They went in the mail on Monday and the recipient got them on Tuesday. She says they fit perfectly.

S6300989

They are my first kick at toe-up socks, and not the last. This is also my first short-row heel; I've always done heel flaps before.


S6300992

4 comments:

Velda said...

and I so love them!! Everyone comments on the "smocking" part of them. Thank you again :) They look cute on your feet too lol

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

Good Job...and very cute!!!!

Aline said...

oh wow...Now I really am sad I missed knit night!! I would love to see how that stich is done. Way to go!

kate said...

Fabulous, absolutely love them!! Now can you teach me how?