Friday, February 8, 2008

Fall Where They May

This has been an amazing couple of weeks for me. I don't quite know how to explain all the things that are going on and how I feel about it all!

I've had a lot of plans for a long time. Plans to leave my current job, plans to go to university, plans to work in textile arts. These were all vague goals I was working towards.

This seems to be "rubber hits the road" month. I am in the process of making each of these goals a reality. The years of dreaming and planning are over, and now it the time for doing. The paperwork for the medical release (!) is flying fast and furious, I have completed my application for university and am just awaiting a final transcript and a decision, and I have applied and interviewed for a part-time job involving textile arts (!!)

I ought to be scared witless, what with the prospect of losing my job and such major life-changes hovering over me, but I am giddy. Intoxicated.

There is something transcendent about this pause. I am a dancer who has thrown several sparkling glass balls in the air, and am exultantly suspended in the moment before they first start to descend. I don't know which ball will drop first, or even if I'll catch all or any of them... but it's okay. Whatever happens, it's okay.

This is a perfect moment, where everything is possible.

3 comments:

Velda said...

I'm so happy for you! And I love your poetic writing, that was beautiful to read :) Good luck! I'm really interested to hear about the job??!!

Aline said...

I wish you so much luck! You will be a huge success and happy to boot!

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I am so with you on this one. The plan for me is to go to school full time in one year, then when that's done, I'll start looking for my first full time grown up job.

Change is a scary, yet exciting thing!