Friday, February 1, 2008

Drama Queen

I woke up this morning feeling a little embarrassed at how I had such a panic last night about the whole flight situation. Not just a panic, but a rather public one, as I broadcast it in my last blog entry.

I swear I go a little off my rocker without DH by my side. It's a little frightening. I think he emits calming pheromones or something that I have completely become dependent on.

So, this morning I called the happy, friendly (obviously not Air Canada) reward call center lady, who set me up with the ticket I needed for a few thousand points and some cash. Sure, it's not strictly what I told dad; the only reason he agreed to come out was 'cause I needed to use those miles, and I ended up doing something quite different to get him out here. Not sure it matters; he's coming now, whether he likes it or not! :)

The unused Aeroplan miles I couldn't use this time around may expire... or I may have occasion to buy another short-haul flight before they disappear. Either way, I'm pleased to have gotten even a single "free" flight out of them.

4 comments:

PG said...

Hi - delurking to make a comment about Aeroplan miles. I don't see why there is such a concern for your Aeroplan miles expiring. I know that Aeroplan changed their system and that there must be activity in your account at least once within a year of your last usage, but this can easily include a couple of chocolate bars/fill up at Esso. If you have the newer card, you can swipe when making a purchase at Esso (I think minimum $3) and you're good for another year.

Velda said...

I don't think you should be embarrassed at all, I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing and you had every right to panic about it not working out. I'm glad it did. So is your mum the one I met? I don't think I have them straight either lol

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

I suppose that this means that all is well that ends well???

kate said...

No worries - your blog entry isn't anything that any one of us won't have felt or re-acted to in the same manner. You just have the extraordinary courage to share it and make the rest of us feel perfectly human too! Congrats on sorting it all out, and looks like "psychgrad" might just have a solution to salavaging your points?

Now stop being so Canadian and apologizing for saying what in in you head and heart! We love it and we're grateful that you say it so well!