Tuesday, January 8, 2008

FO Report!

Maybe you just want me to get the heck on with the trip report, and I will, in good time... but for now, you get to share another joy with me.

"Oh Tannenbaum" has been one of those quilts that I love to hate. This project took me about a year and a half of steady working. It was the most picky, fiddly, detail-oriented quilt I have ever attempted, and I don't think I'll ever do one quite like this again. That being said, it's up, and it's lovely.

S6300938
Finally.

S6300940
Close-up of one of the intricate, paper-pieced German-style houses.

S6300939
The tree, decorated as much as I could bear. The details were killing me in their profusion.

S6300941
Cute gingerbread man button, just happy to be ornamental

S6300943
The quilt didn't feel truly finished until it was hung in the place it was always intended for. Now it's home.

5 comments:

Velda said...

Susan,

I've been waiting for this. It's gorgeous! I cannot believe how beautiful it looks on that wall, alright yes I can :) Are you kind of sad that it's over? What will you do now?? lol It truly is a treasure!

(now, more trip please ;) )

Aline said...

Wow! That is so beautiful. Are you coming to the next knitting guild meeting? See you there!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and looks great where you've put it.
Gillian

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

OH my Giddy Aunt!!! I am so comming to your house (if I ever find out where you live) and am stealing that gorgeous piece of art.

Forgive the latest of this comment. I am so behind on my blog reading. I am trying to catch up, without much luck.

Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

ACK that should be lateness....here I am trying to rush (gotta go to work)and I suddenly can't spell