Friday, August 10, 2007

Flying in Slow Motion

This is my last weekend of bachelorette-hood, and I am determined to make the best of it. I have a container of non-fat chocolate gelato in the freezer, a bottle of raspberry vodka keeping it company, the whole first season of "Dead Like Me" from the video store, and I am declaring a moratorium on lawn/garden care for the entire weekend.

Yes, the grass certainly is too long. I don't argue the point. However, I want it to look neatly trimmed when hubby first sees it... so I procrastinate with a purpose.

I will sew and knit until my wrists give out. I'm hoping to get the Monkeys off my back this weekend; I have more sock yarn coming from KnitPicks next week and I want to cast on right away.

I am trying to pass time as quickly as possible... I cannot believe how the last week has seemed to be as long as the six months before it was. This week coming up? I expect it will seem a long, painful eternity until I see my baby (back in Canada for the first time since mid-February) sometime Saturday night.

1 comment:

Velda said...

If you mow, I'll mow lol...can't wait to see you saturday! Time will fly if you keep busy!