Friday, July 27, 2007

And for Some Variety...

This heat, although I love it, is kicking me to the curb and it seems all I really want to do is sleep. I had a nap when I got home from work and then fell asleep in the rocking chair with the cat on my lap. I didn't feel like wading into anything too elaborate in the sewing room last night, but I knew I couldn't just curl up in bed at 8 PM and call it a night... that is *so* not me.

So I did something I haven't done for a while... worked on Project 4. Whaddya mean you don't know what that is??? Here, let me introduce you.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Project 4 is a rather old Dimensions chart called "Something in the Air", by wildlife artist Al Agnew. This is my second go at this one... the original was done (~12 years ago) on black Aida and graces my mom Janet's living room... this one is on linen and is for my husband.)


Yes, that's right... I spent last evening doing cross-stitch. Once my hobby of choice, it got a little lost in the fray when I learned quilting and then knitting. I have many beautiful stitching pieces I'd like to get finished, including one that's been 95% done for so long now you'll think I'm nuts when you see her later in 10 Projects.

1 comment:

Velda said...

oohhh I'm so excited to see you working on this! very nice :) Love your new blog decor too, very elegant. And who said this was hard????